This session broadcasted on Nov, 4 2020, 3:00 AM (GMT-5)
The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) has a large Muslim population and the demand for Islamic finance is increasing. Driven by governmental initiatives, countries such as Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, are leading the region's growth in Islamic financial assets particularly in the banking sector.
In this session, we gather experts of Islamic banking in the CIS region to share the latest developments in the industry, how the pandemic has impacted its growth, and the future outlook of Islamic finance in the region.
- What is the current development status of Islamic finance industry in the CIS region?
- What are the challenges and constraints impeding the industry's growth?
- How significant is the growth potential of Islamic finance in the region? And how financial centres, such as Astana International Financial Centre, can help in driving the industry's growth?
- How did Covid-19 impact the market's appetite for Islamic banking products and services?
- Madina Kalimullina, Senior Researcher, HSE-Skolkovo Institute for Law and Development - HSE University (Moderator)
- Sheikh Bilal Khan MBA, Chief Islamic Finance Officer, Astana International Financial Centre
- Khondamir Nusratkhujaev, Member of the Accounting Board, Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI)
16:00 Kuala Lumpur