This session broadcasted on Aug, 6 2020, 3:00 AM (GMT-4)
Blockchain technology is an innovative way to structure data and ensure unparalleled transparency, traceability, immutability and privacy. It has been recently applied to the field of impact finance to track data and information on financed projects, enhance governance and reduce costs of capital.
In this session, we gather experts in blockchain, fintech and ethical investing to share use cases on blockchain applications for impact finance and their insights on how this technology is transforming the Islamic finance industry and creating considerable social impact.
- What is the value that blockchain integration brings to impact finance's existing infrastructure?
- How can tokenisation help in democratising impact finance?
- What are the challenges of adopting blockchain in impact finance? How can we address these challenges?
- Does cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum etc) have a role in impact finance?
- What is the role of regulators in facilitating the application of blockchain and tokenisation in impact finance?
- Stuart Hutton, Chief Investment Officer, Simply Ethical (Moderator)
- Khalid Howladar, Head of Credit & Sukuk Advisory, R.J. Fleming & Co. and Chief Strategy & Risk Officer, Blossom Finance
- Dr Nida Khan, Chief Technology Officer, OneAgrix
15:00 Kuala Lumpur