This session broadcasted on Jul, 29 2020, 4:00 AM (GMT-4)
The current crisis has shed the light again on the digital transformation for financial institutions. However, this time digitalisation is not a choice and institutions need to ride on the digital wave to sustain their business and adapt to the new reality.
In this session, we gather experts in finance and technology to discuss fintech in the context of financial institutions and understand how they capitalize on innovation to survive the current challenges
- How digitalisation readiness made a difference in responding to COVID-19 disruption?
- How important is open banking in driving Islamic banks' digital transformation? And what lessons can be learned from the early adopters?
- What are the key strategies to enable and support digitalisation to drive new ways of doing business?
- What are the risks and threats emerging from a rapid digital transformation?
- Abdul Haseeb Basit, Co-Founder and Principal, Elipses (Moderator)
- Omar Mahmood, Partner and Head of Financial Services, Middle East & South Asia, KPMG Qatar
- Azleena Idris, Director, Corporate Services Division, Payments Network Malaysia
16:00 Kuala Lumpur