This session broadcasted on Aug, 26 2020, 9:00 AM (GMT-4)
This decade has witnessed major events in OIC (Organisation of Islamic Cooperation) countries where people took to the streets to voice out their anger against ineffective institutions. While some countries invested early in reforming their institutions, others are facing the pressure to introduce considerable changes to earn back the trust of both their people and foreign investors.
In this session, we host two founding members of the “Islamicity Foundation”, a non-profit foundation with the mission of supporting peaceful and positive change in Muslim countries, to shed light on how OIC countries can build effective institutions to ensure a sustainable economic development.
- What are the main challenges and obstacles impeding OIC countries' sustainable development?
- What is the rationale of the Islamicity index? And how is it supporting OIC countries' reforms?
- How did OIC countries fare in the index ranking since its inception? And what are the learnings to build effective institutions?
- How can countries use the current pandemic to foster institutional reforms?
- Daud Vicary, Chairman of Advisory Board, IslamicMarkets.com (Moderator)
- Dr Hossein Askari, Founder and President, Islamicity Foundation
- Dr Liza Mydin, Malaysia Country Partner, Islamicity Foundation
9:00 New York
21:00 Kuala Lumpur